A: There are five easy ways to enroll. Choose the one that works best for you.
1. Enroll online. View our plans and complete your application online.
2. Enroll over the phone. Our representatives can enroll you right over the phone. 1-877-236-7162, during the hours of 8 am and 2 am EST.
3. Enroll at Medicare.gov. Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in Wellcare through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at Medicare.gov.
4. Contact a licensed Medicare Sales Broker. They will be able to walk you through different plans and help you select the one that is best for you.
5. Enroll by mail or fax. Download, print and complete our enrollment form. Return your completed and signed form to us by fax or mail using the contact information on the form.
A: Initial Coverage Election Period
The Medicare Initial Coverage Election Period is based on the month of your 65th birthday. You can enroll as early as three months before your birthday month or as late as three months after your birthday month.
Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15 to December 7, during this time you can:
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan from Original Medicare
- Enroll from one Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan to another
- Enroll in original Medicare from a Medicare Advantage Plan
Changes made to coverage during this time would take effect January 1 of the new plan year.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP)
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period starts January 1 and ends on March 31. During this period, members enrolled in Medicare Advantage can...
- If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage)
- You can drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. You will also be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
The effective date for the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period election is the first day of the month after we receive the enrollment request.
Special Enrollment Periods (SEP)
You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period during any month when certain events happen in your life. Reasons you could qualify include:
- You have changed your permanent residence
- You have recently moved to a new service area
- You become eligible for Medicaid
- You qualify for Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug costs
- You moved to an institution like a skilled nursing facility or long-term care hospital
- You want to switch to a plan with a 5-star overall quality rating.
A: Please check out our Plan Comparison tool.Q: Are my prescriptions covered by Wellcare?
A: To search for your medications in our online formulary:
- Visit Wellcare.com/PDP
- Select your state
- Select "Need a Plan"
- Select "Prescription Drug Plan"
- Type in your ZIP code
- Find your Plan & select “Go to my plan details”
- On the right side, select Drug List (Formulary) and search for your medications
A: A formulary lists the drugs your plan covers. If you are working with a licensed sales representative, he or she will have a copy of the formulary and can help you look up the medications you take. You can also find the formulary online at Wellcare.com/PDP, or request a copy by calling the number on the back of your ID card.Q: What if I am on a limited income or cannot afford my prescription drugs?
A: The Extra Help subsidy helps people who have limited income and resources to pay Medicare prescription drug program costs. These costs are things like premiums, deductibles and co-payments/co-insurance. Depending on your income and resources, you may qualify for Extra Help.
Find out if you qualify for Extra Help. Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; TTY users may call 1-877-486-2048. Or apply online at Ssa.gov/Extrahelp, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), or contact your state Medicaid Office.Q: What Pharmacies can I use?
A: To see preferred and standard pharmacies for your PDP plan, please go to our Find a Provider tool.
A: There are many ways you can make your premium payment with us.
1. Set up Auto Pay or make a one-time payment through our secure online member portal.
2. Deduction from your Monthly Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board Check
Call Customer Service (1-888-550-5252) to get more information and set up these deductions.
3. By Phone
Call 1-888-550-5252 and select the billing option.
4. Online Guest Pay
Enter your member ID and email address if you would like a confirmation email. An email address in not required.
5. Check or Money Order
Make your check or money order payable to Wellcare and send to:
Wellcare Health Plans, Inc.
PO Box 75510
Chicago, IL 60675-5510
Please ensure you include your member ID on the check or money order.
6. Pay with Cash
Use your member ID or payment coupon to pay with cash at CheckFreePay locations. To find a CheckFreePay location
near you, call 1-800-877-8021 or go to www.checkfreepay.com.
A: Visit our Careers page to see current openings.
R: Watch the videos and see why we are so passionate about serving our members and the communities in which they live!
Video: A Mission To Serve - WellCare Health Plans
A: Brokers interested in partnering with Wellcare may contact Broker Support Call Center at 866-822-1339 for further details.Q: How Do I Get Information About Company Health Plans?
A: To learn more about our combined product offering, what’s new and market-specific benefits, please visit
Wellcare First Look/Portfolio At A Glance.
A: Wellcare is here for you! For support, brokers can contact our Broker Support Call Center, submit a Support Ticket online through Centene Workbench, our Broker Portal, or reach out to dedicated local support.
For our local support contacts, contact our Sales Leadership Contacts
Find additional Wellcare contacts with our Contacts and Resources